Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I have.......who has...????"

"I have..., who has....?" is a great activity to use for several SOLs in Math 7 and I'm sure many others. Recently I used it for SOL 7.20. Students were each given pairs of cards. One "I have card" and One "Who has?" card. The " I have" cards would have a statement such as " I have 6x +7" and the"who has?" cards would have " Who has seven more than the product of six and a number". The game needs to start with a person reading their "who has?" card and then continues with the second person reading the corresponding "i have". If they are correct, they can then read their "who has?" and so on. You must be sure to make sure each person has one "i have" and one "who has?" and you must be sure they do not match. I've also used sorting activities in this SOL . They are both great ways to break up and create interest in what seems to sometimes be a "boring" lesson...:-).

5 comments:

  1. I love this activity. The students also love it. I try to make an "I have, Who has" activity for majority of my subjects. Because the students enjoy it to play the game is an incentive to learn and practice the material because the students don't want to be the one to hold up the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned this activity last year in the VCTM Conference. I used it for SOL 7.2 and SOL 7.5. My students enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used this for multiplication fact review, only it's called "I am. Who is?" Even my sixth graders love to do it and I have had them compete between classes to see who can get the fastest time. Great extension!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this game too. We are including it as part of our review for the SOL test. We will have several activities scheduled as part of our reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use this game alot too. It works well with fractions in a variety of ways. I have even used it with geometry terms...I am a five sided figure...who is a pentagon?

    ReplyDelete