Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Achievement Series

"Achievement Series" is an assessment tool that allows K-12 educators to develop and administer online and paper-based test from Scanton. I learned about Achievement Series last year and I strongly recommend other teachers to use it. Below are several features that I really like about Achievement Series:

-Build Test Item Banks: You may create a test with your own questions, but you may also search items for a test based on the (Virginia) SOLs.

-Administer Tests: After you create a test, you have the option to create different versions (by switching questions or the answer choices) of the test.

-View Reports: You can select the option to provide immediate results to students when you create the test. This option will let students know what questions they complete correctly and incorrectly.

-Data Analysis: The Achievement Series will provide you data (in many different ways that you need) for monitoring student progress.

My school district has been using Achievement Series for several years. I don’t want to sound like a salesperson, but if you have a chance to use it, definitely give it a try. Trust me, you will love it too!

1 comment:

  1. Do you as the teacher develop the test? Is this something we could use as a classroom teacher to post tests online for students to take? I've been looking for a way to give my studetns practice taking online tests similar to the SOL format.

    ReplyDelete