Sunday, January 3, 2010

Testing

This is THE month for questioning and evaluating our students' progress (in our school district). There have been several meetings at the city level, lead teachers, and content that emphasizes the importance of the midterm exam that is coming up this month. I must admit this is my first year teaching mathematics and have enjoyed reading the wonderful ideas of how to review and reinforce SOL objectives every week.

I worry about how to be sure my students have the concepts needed to be successful on this exam. I am struggling most with the wisdom and skill of having several students in my room needing help with several different skills and getting all of them what they need. I am used to teaching science and social studies where skills are more all-purpose. I am learning quickly that math is not so easily covered with "the masses."

1 comment:

  1. I am reviewing with my students for their midterm exams and I really like the "project" idea (please see my post on January 13). Maybe you can give it a try and I hope it helps. I always assign students with the SOL that they are struggling with. This way it give them an opportunity to ask questions and get familiar with their weaknesses.

    ReplyDelete