Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Can Learn

My school has adopted I Can Learn as a form of instruction/remediation. I Can Learn is a program that does complete lessons on different topics. Each lesson contains a pretest, warm-up, lesson presentation (videos), tutor, independent practice questions, quiz, and journal entry. Any or all of these options can be included, depending on the need of the student.

I use I Can Learn mostly for remediation. What I love most about this program is that I can put students on differentiated paths that address their weaknesses. It also offers a different approach to teaching the lesson. If a student did not get the concept in class with my presentation, the videos/animation on the computer may capture attention and get the concept across. This program also helps with students' note taking. During the lesson presentation, it frequently pauses and tells students to copy information into their notebook.

I am seeing success more than last year with this program and look forward to even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment