Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to school!

Welcome back. I spent a significant part of each class trying to review classroom expectations with respect to behavior and academic responsibility. With the excessive time off from storm weather to Thanksgiving and then the winter break it seemed that behavior and performance steadily declined. I would like to consider a behavior contract so if anyone has any suggestions I would certainly appreciate any inputs. Has anyone experienced success with this?

1 comment:

  1. I have worked with behavior contracts with individual students at length. When they are supported by the administration, they have been very successful. They are for the severe behavior issues, and when those are under control it seems that the other students will follow suit. I have heard of people using a blanket contract for the entire class, but I have no experience with that. On an individual level, you need to start with weekly, if not daily, documentation of the (mis)behavior.

    ReplyDelete