Saturday, November 14, 2009

Promethean ActivExpression

I do not have a Promethean ActivBoard in my classroom. However, I have recently incorporated the ActivExpression, one of the many Promethean’s products, into my lesson. This interactive tool is amazing. It definitely increased the participation of all my students during class.

The ActivExpression hardware is like a mobile phone device. It has a keyboard that allows students to vote for multiple-choice format questions, enter yes or no responses, and convey their thoughts by entering full sentences and character texts.

I was creating a lesson to help my students to review for their upcoming benchmark test. I was going to ask my students to complete a review worksheet. However, I understand that it can be boring to students. Students were still required to complete all the review questions individually using the ActivExpression, but all students got to share their answers with the rest of the class by voting or texting. All of my students agreed that it was a much more fun way to review.

To use the ActivExpression devices, all you need is to install the “ActivExpression” software in your computer. You don’t need to have the Promethean ActivBoard in your classroom to use the ActivExpression!

3 comments:

  1. I was very impressed with these little things and how much class participation she was able to get from just changing the delivery of instruction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the ActivExpression something your school purchased or something you did on your own? Is it a subscription service?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was told that each ActivExpression device costs about $35. My school purchased a class set of 30 and I checked them out from my school's library whenever I need them.

    ReplyDelete