Monday, November 23, 2009

Math Ticket

Hello everyone,


I recently did a math ticket with my students as a review for their nine weeks test. The students really enjoyed it. The were given a 3 by 3 like bingo card with nine topics of choice on it. They were to choose one square from each row and work on each topic. They were given several days to work on it in class. The students really enjoyed it because they had a choice on what to do. It covered topics such as percent, fractions, and decimal conversions, tips, tax, discounts and simple interest, order of operations, interger models, and math properties. The only thing I see myself doing differently the next time it only allowing them to complete it in class. All of the students worked on it, but when it came time to turn it in some were misplaced or lost because they were also allowed to work on it at home.

1 comment:

  1. This is great. I can totally see how the students would enjoy having some choice in what they do. Having them take it home for homework is great also. But most kids aren't that responsible. I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete