Sunday, May 23, 2010

Final reviews

We are coming into our last week before the SOL and I wanted to share how my team has reviewed. We based the material we reviewed on(for the most part) on a mock SOL we gave-the released 2009 8th grade SOL. My colleague and I then made a calendar out four weeks with different material being covered for the groups we made up in the classes we had. The students are grouped by what areas they still need to learn to achieve a passing score on the SOL. My colleague appointed "team leaders" in her class that were students who have pretty much mastered the material. Their job is to help the students in their team when needed and to help them stay on task. I didn't do this in my classes, but I am going to be curious to see the results from her class. I'll let you all know how we fared after the test!

1 comment:

  1. Assigning students as peer tutors is an excellent strategy. I tend to use this strategy when preparing for any benchmark or SOL tests. Students tend to learn better from their peers,peer tutors are more apt to stay focused on helping you, the teacher and their peers and finally,the tutees strive to master a concept in the hopes that they can one day tutor a peer.

    ReplyDelete