Sunday, March 14, 2010

Predictor Tests


With several "predictor tests" coming up for our math students, I am at a loss as to when I can and should be reviewing. Currently, I try to slip review into the "Do Nows," and homework each day, but sixth graders really need concentrated focus when they review. With our curriculum being so packed (like everyone else), there is not much other time. I am afraid I am not doing a good job of giving that to them before these tests. I fear even more the devastating effects this will have on the confidence levels when they are faced with things they do not remember. The rate of surrender will not be high and not give us accurate readings on how our students are performing or where they truly need help. It is very exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment