Thursday, April 22, 2010

Crunch Time

It is April and spring break is over. It is now time to make sure everything you taught your students is still there and ready to be used on the SOL's or EOC's. But wait a minute, the adults in your professional life also want more attention. What do you do to make sure your students are ready and keep the powers that be happy? How do you decide which group is more important? I try to find a happy medium where everyone can get some of what they need. I will be happy when the only group that matters is the student group. By the way, I do know the adult group have the children in mind. I just think they are unaware of the time that is taken away from planning for the students when another report is requested.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I used to get frustrated with the request for more and more paperwork. I wanted to place all my attention on the students. I later found out that a majority of the time, the paperwork they requested came from someone higher up and they were just following through. I also look forward to the day when the priority is back on the students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is rather unfortunate that the people who are "higher up" have lost focus with us little people down here. If they want to know scores or see how something works, come see! Get your hands a little dirty and participate! It really bothers me that these "higher up" people have no face to me or my students. This means, that to them, my students and I are also faceless...just numbers on a chart.

    ReplyDelete