Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Properties performance

Today as my bell ringer I had the students get into groups of three(of their choosing). Once they were in their groups they had to choose a property to act out together. It went off without a hitch! The students loved it so much they were excited when I invited the another math class in to guess the properties they had chosen. For example, the group of boys that chose the associative property acting out being on the football team in the fall, then the seasons changing so that they were on the basketball team in the winter. They adding a butt slap at the end to remind the students that they needed to look for ( )( ), hehe. They also wanted me to invite the administrators to test their knowledge.

1 comment:

  1. How interesting! I have always disliked teaching algebraic properties. I'm not interested so the students also lose interest. However, I am not teaching the properties this year I will pass this activity on to my fellow coworkers. Allowing another math class to participate fosters team teaching. Again, neat idea!

    ReplyDelete