Sunday, November 21, 2010

SURN Lesson Plan

I am finally finished making my revisions to my SURN lesson plan. The topic is exponential growth through the lens of making connections. The power tools I am using are Reader's Theater, Golden Lines, and Exit Tickets. I found a video (with transcripts) showing the escallating rat population in a country in Asia. The students will do the Reader's Theater using the transcript (the first half of the transcript) from the video. They will read the rest of the transcript independently. As a class we will then make connections with the transcript as a class and gathering all findings on their Golden Lines template. The lesson will end with an M & M lab exploring exponential growth and an exit ticket with a real world example of exponential growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment